Get started with Social by following this guide, It will help you to get the most out of our Bootstrap Theme quickly with easy understanding.
Thank you for purchasing Social theme! Before proceeding with the theme installation, It is recommended that you follow the steps listed in this guide. We have covered all kinds of necessary information, and provide you with all the guidelines and details that you will need to use Social theme. If you can't find the answer you’re looking for, We encourage you to reach to us through our support portal. We'll be glad to help you out with your queries. Please generate ticket through our support portal and you shall hear back very soon.
Once you have downloaded the package after theme extracting, you will see the following files & folder structure:
- Includes all assets and template files, used in theme
- Includes theme's documentation files (on theme editing and setup).
- Main documentation file. You are reading it at the moment.
- Includes all assets files, like CSS, Images, JS, SCSS and plugins used in theme
- Includes .css file, used in theme
- Includes all images, used in .html files.
- Includes plugin's initialization file
- Includes all of raw source files that are used to create the final CSS that is included in theme
- Includes all plugins files.
- You will find here all .html files used in theme
- All the build commands
- List of dependencies and npm information
- Lock dependencies to a specific version number to avoid possible version mismatch.
What to do after purchase?
1. Check theme inside out
After extracting .zip file, check every file and folder to know more about theme inside out. Confused with any file/folder usage? Check above directory structure to clear your doubts. We recommended reading the whole documentation for better understanding of theme. Yes, it will take up to 30 mins but it will be worth reading.
2. Install local environment for customization (Optional but highly recommended)
Go to Gulp section and follow the steps. You can skip this step if you prefer to work with Social as a static source without Gulp and Sass.
Now you can start customizing your website as per your need.
5. Delete unnecessary file and folder to upload on live server
After completing your website, you must need to delete unnecessary file and folder to reduce website size. Please check below folders/files usage to run your website:
- assets/css: You must need style.css.
- assets/images: You can remove all unnecessary files from this folder.
- assets/js: Don't delete this folder/file.
- assets/scss: If you don't want sourcemap you can remove SCSS folder. You must remove source map comment from end of the style.css file to avoid warning on console log.
- assets/vendor: Keep only those vendor folders that you have used in your website.
- node_modules: You only need this folder for local server. Don't upload it to live server.
- docs: You don't need docs folder for your live website.